PinkNews is the publication for the global Gen Z audience and those who think like Gen Z. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves. We now reach over 50 million unique users per month across our website, app and socials.
As we continue to grow and diversify our content output we are seeking Content Creators to work collaboratively across the video team to ensure we are producing exciting and engaging video, social and branded content for a global audience. You will be passionate about content creation and creative storytelling and a positive, can do attitude is a must!
You will be an excellent communicator and collaborator, a self-starter, with a wealth of creative flair and enthusiasm — not only will you have the latest editing software skills, you will have a strong understanding of how online social video works and have an eye for what makes content go viral.
As PinkNews expands on to new platforms and into new territories, we expect our content, products and services to deepen our relationship with the tens of millions of people who engage with our content every month as well as establishing relationships with a whole new audience — and our video content is central to this mission.
- Pitch and script original story ideas to produce engaging and exciting video and branded content across all PinkNews platforms
- Film and edit original video content for a range of Snapchat specific shows from PinkNews main to Werkout, This Is Life and NowSlay, amongst others
- Film and edit original video content for other social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Ensure content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- Deliver original, high-quality and accurate multimedia content to tight deadlines
- Build a network of relationships with organisations, social media influencers and PRs
- Work with the wider team on an ad hoc basis to cover PinkNews events and other commercial projects
Skills and experience:
- Degree/qualification in Media or Journalism or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in relevant industry
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop skills (preferable)
- Adobe After Effects skills (preferable)
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Keen news sense and interest in Gen Z and the LGBT+ community
- Understanding of PinkNews’ platforms, with a focus on Snapchat
- Understanding of how online and social video works
- Creative approach to visual storytelling
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Belief in equality for all
- Salary from £24,000 DOE
- 30 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible/ hybrid working
- Employee Referral Programme
- Great development opportunities
- Please send your CV, cover letter and showreel or examples of self-produced video content to email@example.com.
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.