Reporter – Food Manufacture
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
Food Manufacture is the leading B2B title covering the UK food and drink processing market. It produces a wealth of multimedia pure-play digital content for mid to senior managers in the industry. It produces virtual and face-to-face events.
We are currently searching for a Reporter for our Food Manufacture brand. This role would entail writing a mix of news and feature articles and social media posts, which are aimed primarily at technical, production and factory managers.
The reporter will aim to;
- Attract more core readers (technical managers, factory managers) to the website;
- Increase time on site
- Increase newsletter subscribers
- Increase engagement metrics by posting engaging, readable, topical and highly relevant features content, including profiles on companies and individuals, news and market analysis and social media posts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Identifying strong news and feature topics;
- Planning and executing articles in a timely manner;
- Making features and news engaging for our core audience by incorporating multimedia elements such as data, imagery, video or audio where relevant
- Informing the wider digital content plan by feeding in topics that emerge out of interviews
- Conducting face to face and phone interviews
- Representing the brand and attending relevant events
- Collaborate with other WR brands as required
The ideal candidate will be:
- An ambitious junior journalist keen to carve out a niche and advance their career
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Understand how to make web copy stand out and be SEO-optimised;
- Be well-organised
- Have an engaging and readable writing style
- Be comfortable making technical or scientific information easy to read and be able to convey complex ideas clearly and simply
- Be comfortable dealing with data
- Be able to turn around news stories quickly and accurately
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. We are ideally looking for someone to work on a full time basis; however are open to exploring part time working patterns. Please let us know if you would like to discuss this further. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please click APPLY NOW and include:
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role
- Any links or PDF examples of your journalistic output, to demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 22nd October 2021