It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future plans, we are now looking for an experienced Motoring News reporter to join our expanding team at Express.co.uk.
You will be responsible for ensuring our content is engaging, informative and reaches as wide an audience as possible. This role will produce content which meets the needs of our readers, writing on topics which affects drivers' day-to-day lives including the fuel crisis, smart motorways, electric cars, the future of driving, new laws impacting motorists and much much more. The working week for this role is Saturday-Wednesday, leaving you plenty of time on Thursdays and Fridays to pursue your love of cars!
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Produce high quality content for the Cars department
- Understand and apply knowledge of SEO to maximise article success on search
- Interview key industry figures to produce market leading exclusives on a weekly basis
- Work with the Editor to explore new content opportunities which will maximise the success of the department
- Collaborate with the Social team to ensure all content produced is effectively shared on all relevant social channels to maximise page views and shares
- Knowledge and application of UK media law
- Previous experience writing for a website or digital product
- A demonstrable passion for cars and motoring and the key issues impacting ordinary people day to day
- Proven knowledge and application of SEO to boost traffic
- Use of Google Analytics
- Ability to work under pressure and show initiative
- Holding a UK driving licence is a plus
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Homeworking flexibility
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
To apply now please email your CV and covering letter.