JOB TITLE Picture Researcher (Maternity Cover)
DEPARTMENT Lifestyle Picture Desk Hub - Good Housekeeping, Red & Prima Magazines
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Picture Researcher to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Good Housekeeping. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity to join Hearst as a Picture Researcher on Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima magazines. You will support the Picture Editors in maintaining the brand identities and high standards across the busy Lifestyle Hub. You will be researching and sourcing outstanding image content, keeping within budget and negotiating with photographers and agencies for the best possible rates and highest quality pictures. You will ensure efficient workflow across multiple print issues and broad content requests for the three Women’s Lifestyle brands. You will have the opportunity to extend and broaden the scope of the magazine picture sources and assist the Picture team across all departments of the magazines.
Other responsibilities include:
- Liaising across departments to ensure first-rate picture quality associated with the lifestyle brands.
- Overseeing the picture desk admin, which will include invoicing, budgeting, picture credits, copyright approval, syndication, PR requests and fee negotiation.
- Becoming familiar with the resources available within the Hearst magazines archive.
- Assist the Photo Editors with pre-shoot production, including sourcing props, booking cars and couriers as directed.
As a Picture Assistant, you will be an efficient multi-tasker with an eye for detail and the perfect image. Have experience of working on a picture desk, with a knowledge of picture libraries, image quality and copyright law. The role is Mac-friendly so experience with Photoshop, Word, Excel is desired. A media, art or photography related visual qualification and background is useful. This role will also require you to fulfil budgeting and admin responsibilities, so skills in this area would be beneficial. We are looking for a super organised, individual who can meet deadlines and has great people skills. If you think this role is for you, then please apply!
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.