House & Garden: Acting Digital Features Writer
Condé Nast’s iconic interiors title House & Garden Magazine is looking for a Digital Features Writer to produce compelling content about interior design, food, art and travel as part of the close-knit team behind its successful website.
Reporting to the digital editor, the role will include a range of duties; from pitching and writing daily stories and social media, attending shoots, producing video, using Google analytics and other similar tools to produce reports, as well as general departmental administration.
The ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of the interior design world, brands and the magazine’s subject matter is essential.
- Must be bursting with creative ideas, and be able to work comfortably over different editorial mediums.
- Be able to turn around entertaining, accurate copy to short deadlines.
- Have the ability to be both analytical and creative.
- An understanding of social media, and an interest in digital publishing is essential.
To apply please submit the following tasks on the same document as your CV:
- A 200 word news story that we could use on the site with pictures (can be chosen from the website)
- Examples of how you would post the story on social media
- 4 short pitches for feature ideas – these can be for any section of the site
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Pitching and writing daily news content, as well as more long form stories.
- Building content on the CMS and optimising SEO.
- Writing the site’s social copy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and uploading content to Youtube.
- Picture research using image libraries.
- Sending morning news and social media report to the team.
- Creating and updating SEO-led galleries and features.
- Being an editorial eye on photographic and video shoots.
- Acting as a representative for the brand at events.
- You may be asked to work on commercial projects.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience using a CMS would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of social media and an understanding of House & Garden’s tone and place in the market.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Enthusiasm for interiors, gardens, food and travel.
- Quick learner, who is willing to work independently.