The Mirror's Sunday titles have been breaking exclusive stories for more than a century. We have won awards and acclaim for shocking political scoops, our passionate campaigning, and showbusiness coverage which uncovers the secrets of the stars.
We are looking for a reporter who shares our commitment to excellence and is determined to consistently break stories which will set our papers apart from our rivals.
This role is a 6 month fixed term contract.
So who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
Reporting to the newsdesk you will identify, develop and write stories for the Sunday Mirror and People. You will have an unstinting commitment to ensuring your byline appears on exclusives which set the news agenda.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience reporting for a national title, or at a regional title at senior level
- A proven track record of breaking national exclusives
- Bags of ideas to generate off-diary stories through curiosity and your contacts book
- A desire to secure exclusives with people at the heart of the biggest news stories in the UK and the world
- A flexible approach to work and travel - reacting to stories whenever and wherever they happen
- The initiative to bring fresh insight into the issues of the week - and to look for agenda-setting stories which we need to bring to our readers attention
- A versatile approach to reporting - with interest in all areas of news journalism - from health to human interest, crime to home affairs - and an interest in showbiz and politics
- The reporter also must fully comply with IPSO guidelines and the editors’ code of practice
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.