Mirror Showbiz team is recruiting a Senior Showbiz Reporter to join their team. This role is an amazing opportunity for a reporter to move into a Senior Showbiz position, who will be responsible for sourcing exclusive stories, covering breaking news, red carpets and awards shows.
This will be a predominantly home based role with occasional time in the London office.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve:
- Generate and cover day-to-day celebrity and TV news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site's most-searchable stories.
- Use your PR contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site.
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy.
- Able to react quickly to breaking news stories.
- Wherever possible, identify unique headlines and angles for stories covered elsewhere to make content more searchable.
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style.
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of competitors.
- Monitor Twitter for content.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan and develop relationships with PRs.
- You will be a confident digital journalist with familiarity with CMS and analytics tools.
- You will show attention to detail and have a keen interest in the developments of the TV/showbiz world
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.