Lewis Business Media are seeking an experienced journalist to join their established content team, working across our portfolio of B2B media brands serving the UK’s agriculture sector. This is a key & varied role in a growing business with an exciting future. You will work with the existing content team to improve the quality and quantity of content produced both in print and on our digital channels across various agricultural titles.
As the Deputy Editor you will be a confident copywriter able to create engaging articles as well as being a competent editor / sub-editor able take in copy and make ready for publication in print and on our digital channels across various agricultural titles. You will also have an in-depth knowledge of SEO and utilise this knowledge to create engaging and traffic generating content. Responsibilities also include contributing to the social content strategy and output.
Skills / Experience
- Experience of creating original copy for both print and digital media.
- Experience of subbing copy and making pages ready for print.
- Experience of subbing copy for digital publication, factoring in SEO considerations.
- Demonstrable use of major social media platforms and related scheduling software.
- Knowledge of key search engine optimisation factors affecting content publications.
- Experience of creating multimedia content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Have a results-focused and strategic approach to your work, with an appreciation of how data and insight should influence content.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe suite and social media platforms.
- Committed team player.
- Experience of working with Wordpress & WYSIWYG email newsletter dispatch tools (desirable)
- Experience using Google Analytics to inform and improve content and conversion (desirable)
LBM was launched in February 2012 with one employee and zero products. The LBM group of companies has quickly grown to 25 employees and a network of 20 freelance consultants. Currently we publish eight business to business magazines, three yearbooks, eight websites, six award schemes, three conferences and more innovations and acquisitions are planned. LBM is a company going places fast.