Bingo Editor, The Sun
Do you live and breathe bingo? Can you pack some personality into our editorial?
The Sun are looking for a bingo editor to deliver the best and most entertaining content to help increase the visibility of our products and promotions.
Sun Bingo recently won three of the Which Bingo Awards – including Best Bingo site – and we want to bring to life the experience of our players from all across the UK.
We want to shout about our products, show off our new games and offer customers plenty of bonuses and spins to enhance their activity.
Want to work with us?
Tell us why and how you could help bring to life one of the biggest bingo brands in the country as part of the editorial team.
To work in a new team within the editorial department of The Sun, focused on creating content around our bingo products – Sun Bingo and Fabulous Bingo - to engage readers with features on the latest promotions and games.
It will be measured on KPIs to drive engagement, new audiences and revenue.
Day to day:
- Delivering and publishing articles with the aim of hitting key KPIs
- Writing sharp copy to tight deadlines
- Optimising articles fully, especially for SEO, to ensure they are seen by the widest possible audience
- Pitching ideas for articles to editors
What we’re looking for from you:
- Editorial background with experience of writing articles
- Excellent knowledge of and passion for Bingo
- Digital publishing experience and a good understanding of SEO and social
- Good knowledge of how to use analytics data to drive growth
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.