Designer - The Times
The Times is seeking a designer with a passion for current affairs and culture to join our expert creative team.
We are looking for someone with significant print layout experience who has a background in publishing and in multi-platform design and digital products. Experience in illustration, animation and info-graphics is desirable but not required.
Please apply with a covering letter and your CV by October 24.
- Pitching creative ideas and providing inspiration to senior editors, coming up with alternative ideas where appropriate
- Designing and laying out pages to tight deadlines
- Able to translate and execute a design brief successfully and to deadline
- Follow current affairs and culture and understanding the paper’s perspective
- Manage good working relationships with editors and production colleagues
- Be at the forefront of emerging technologies and understand their relevance
- Work a variety of shifts including occasional evenings and weekends
Skills and experience:
- Design qualification at degree level or equivalent
- Experience in publishing at a newspaper or magazine
- Experience in multi-platform design and digital products
- Experience working collaboratively with multi-skilled teams
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate succinctly and effectively
- Ability to articulate the importance of design and graphics
- Varied portfolio that demonstrates adaptability across different design disciplines
- Insight into changing consumer behaviour and the ability to identify future key design trends
- Proficient in industry standard design applications, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator