At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Senior Fitness Editor to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Men’s Health, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Women’s Health is the UK’s number-one authority on health and wellness. It leads the charge in empowering and championing its consistently growing audience to help women achieve a smarter, fitter, happier lifestyle. Our content is as practical as it inspirational and brings together the latest stories from the worlds of health, fitness, fashion, food and beyond. Women's Health encourages small, realistic changes that give big, long-lasting results.
The Women’s Health’s Senior Fitness Writer will be responsible for the successful delivery of fitness content across all platforms; primarily digital, some print, video, social, events and any brand extensions in the UK. This is a key role within the editorial team and an exciting opportunity for an experienced writer with a passion for and knowledge of fitness.
- With a main focus on digital, you’ll write both SEO-driven and social-lead content for the fitness and gym-wear vertical of womenshealthmag.com/uk
- You will generate ideas and contribute to daily news meetings, weekly content meetings and monthly search content meetings.
- You will work closely with the video team to ensure the regular production of fitness videos for site and YouTube.
- You will work with the Social Media Editor to contribute regular fitness content to the Women’s Health UK social channels.
- You will be responsible for reporting on digital fitness performance every week and month.
- You’ll build on and grow existing editorial successes, from section projects and campaigns to video series and social franchises
- You’ll identify fitness trends relevant to the brand, as well as keep up to date with all the products and brands on the market.
- You will be responsible for creating and editing print fitness content; sourcing talent and case studies, managing regular franchises, and writing, commissioning and editing features.
- With the support of the Executive Editors, you’ll meet and exceed brand KPIs through traffic, engagement, e-commerce, video views and other channels as required.
- You will be an ambassador of WH, attending fitness launches and new classes.
- You will manage and maintain relationships with key contacts including The Women’s Health Collective Expert Panel
- To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Obsessed with fitness and wellness with you have a strong experience of writing for digital, print with proven understanding of SEO and social
- You’ll ideally have strong experience working for a high-profile lifestyle brand
- You’ll be comfortable and experienced working in a fast-paced environment
- You’ll be proficient using Photoshop and a CMS
- You’ll have strong existing relationships with fitness talent, PRs and brands
- You’ll demonstrate excellent communication skills, be highly organised and have the agility to embrace the various demands of this role.
- Personal training qualification would be an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.