Wall Street Journal | Barron's Group (WSJ|BG) is looking for an interactive designer to join the newly-formed internal Ad Innovation studio. Reporting to the Sr. Interactive Designer, this person will be responsible for designing and building rich media executions that deliver best-in-market user experiences for advertising clients.
The ideal candidate will be solutions-driven and passionate about creating beautiful and intuitive ad experiences. They will be an integral contributor for helping establish the WSG|BG Ad Studio as a leader in high-end custom advertising solutions. They will own the ongoing campaign workflow and translate each set of RFP objectives into elegant and performance-driven advertising executions.
In collaboration with the Project Management team, the candidate will be responsible for managing the design and production of sold custom executions - inclusive of generating mocks and storyboards, populating creative to existing responsive templates, and designing and producing the technical functionality of new responsive templates.
Own Campaign Ad Creative Production
- Based on Celtra platform capabilities, generate mocks and storyboards for new unit concepts (when requested)
- Own all components of ad production, inclusive of design, functionality and custom metric implementation when applicable
- Efficiently produce units for assigned campaigns, leveraging client KPIs
- Execute revisions, creative updates and asset adjustments requested by project managers, as they streamline client requests and feedback
- Support Studio Ad Ops with QA of ad unit(s) in live environments, making adjustments where needed
- Enforce best practices of interactive design, while prioritizing performance
- Communicate recommendations for UI/UX and design optimizations to project managers
- Facilitate expedited requests with a sense of urgency, purpose and professionalism
- Occasionally contribute to RFP ideation as requested by Sr. Interactive Designer
Contribute to New Template Design
- Work with the Sr. Interactive Designer to design responsive templates in Celtra for repeatable drag-and-drop executions
- Configure streamlined ad creative specs and branded asset deliverables
- Incorporate WSJ|BG best practices for design standards & ethics
- Suggest creative and/or performance optimizations to inform augmentations of existing templates
- Prioritize intuitive UI and polite, elegant UX
- 3+ years experience in digital design
- Experience working in Celtra or similar ad studios, inclusive of campaign organization, template management and custom event implementation
- Strong creative portfolio featuring past digital design work
- Solid understanding of intuitive UI/UX
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Enthusiastic, professional demeanor and experience working in a client-oriented setting (internal or external)
- Self-driven, proactive, organized and detail-rigorous
- Background in digital advertising is a PLUS
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Design Technology Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28063