Wall Street Journal | Barron's Group (WSJ|BG) is looking for a design leader for the newly-formed internal Ad Innovation studio team. This person will be responsible for leading the creation of best-in-market rich media ad products while overseeing design workflow.
The ideal candidate will be solutions-driven, proactive, and passionate about creating beautiful ad experiences. They will be an advocate for innovation and accelerate the modernization of WSJ|BG's rich media capabilities.
With input from the Ad Innovation Director, the candidate will be responsible for designing the UI and functionality of new ad templates as an expert within the Celtra studio platform, with accountability for performance and efficiency.
Develop Competitive Custom Templates
- Within Celtra, produce reusable responsive ad templates, inclusive of design, layout, unique functionality and custom metrics when applicable
- Establish best practices for performance, ad speed and scalability, informed by Google Ad Manager requirements and IAB standards
- Prioritize intuitive ad creative UI and polite, elegant UX
- Configure streamlined ad creative specs for client asset deliverables
- Incorporate WSJ|BG best practices for design standards & ethics
- Work with the director to roadmap and prioritize new ad template rollouts
- Proactively develop ongoing knowledge base of new technologies and products within the Celtra ecosystem, and identify opportunities for new ad offerings
- Configure templates and/or unit versions for Apps, AMP and Apple News
Establish Optimal Workflow
- Define and support optimal workflow for junior interactive designer(s) and outsourced production studio(s)
- Collaborate with Project Managers to service client requests seamlessly throughout campaign builds
- Develop and enforce streamlined custom event implementation when applicable for comprehensive performance reporting
- Set best practices for campaign mocks, wireframes and storyboards
- Contribute to ideation for high-stake and complex client requests
- Leverage expertise to execute on quick-turnaround requests
- Operate with a sense of urgency and purpose
- Incorporate team goals and objectives into operational policies
- 5+ years of relevant design and ad product development experience
- Knowledge of Celtra or comparable interactive studio platforms, inclusive of template management and event tracking implementation
- Portfolio featuring past work experience and reusable design solutions
- Stand-out understanding of intuitive UI/UX
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to articulate design decisions clearly and persuasively
- Enthusiastic, professional demeanor and experience working in a client-oriented setting (internal or external)
- Experience navigating data APIs for advanced integrations and personalization
- Familiarity with publishing ad units to Google Ad Manager, either through Native/Creative template creation, or via Google (Doubleclick) Studio
- 2+ years of management experience
- Background in digital advertising is a plus
- Experience with both web and apps is a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Design Technology Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28062