PR & Communications Director (Interim)
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our interim PR & Communications Director to start next chapter in your career.
Hearst UK is part of the Hearst global media business, publishing 22 brands including ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Good Housekeeping and Cosmopolitan.
As a member of the executive team, you will provide strategic advice and counsel to the CEO and senior leadership team on the reputational impact of business decisions. The role will be accountable for Corporate, Consumer and Internal Communications and will be to position the business as a market leader in, and active contributor to, the UK media industry. You will also develop campaigns and content in support of the business’s strategy.
- You will support the development of the corporate narrative by speech writing for the CEO, senior executives and editors, and briefing them ahead of speaking opportunities and media interviews.
- You will work alongside editors to introduce a strategic and integrated approach to consumer facing communications for brands such as ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar and Good Housekeeping.
- You will work alongside Head of Business Marketing to ensure an integrated approach across all commercial communications influencing advertising clients and agencies.
- You will work in partnership with the PR & Communications lead for Hearst Magazines in US.
- Ideal candidate must be skilled in crisis management.
- You will, in partnership with the Chief People Officer, lead internal communications supporting all internal employee engagement activity.
- To be successful in the role you must be capable of balancing the ‘here and now’ with the importance of ensuring long term planning. You will be someone with credibility and confidence to inspire and lead a team.
- First class writing and presentation skills.
- Credible experience in a corporate communications and employee engagement role across a large, matrixed business in media, affiliated field or in a consumer facing brand.
- Strategically minded, you must demonstrate significant experience within management positions whilst being operational and hands-on.
- Strong management capabilities.
- Strong working relationships with relevant stakeholder groups and solid evidence of managing media relationships.
- A can-do attitude – proven track record of proactive and innovative thinking. You will need to provide both high quality advice and practical delivery.
- Exceptional influencing skills, able to build coalitions and inspire confidence at all levels.
- Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels.
- Proven ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines; you will be a proactive and self-motivated team player with an enthusiastic approach.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!