PR Manager (Luxury)
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our PR Manager (Luxury) to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
The role sits within the PR & Communications team who manage all aspects of corporate, consumer and internal communications for Hearst UK and its brands.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be a key member of this fun and fast-paced team, with a direct responsibility for Hearst UK’s Luxury division, which comprises household brands such as ELLE and Harper’s Bazaar. This key role will have responsibility for building positive and productive relationships with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders, including media, trade organisations, as well as our internal editorial, central and commercial teams.
- Proactive media relations – responsible for building and managing positive relationships with a broad range of media including trade, national, consumer and entertainment contacts across both traditional and digital platforms with the aim of delivering on message coverage
- Reactive media relations – managing incoming requests effectively and efficiently in line with the Communications Strategy
- Crisis comms
- Managing proactive campaigns to build awareness and understanding of Hearst UK and its brands
- Working on corporate profiling
- Providing PR support to the Commercial/Sponsorship/Events teams
- Working closely with spokespeople from the Company, briefing them where appropriate, and helping to shape their responses to media enquiries
- Working closely with the Deputy Head of PR & Communications and PR Managers, as well as other colleagues (Chief People Officer, CEO, ERGs) to deliver Hearst UK’s internal communications strategy in order to create higher levels of employee engagement
- Identifying appropriate PR platforms to support the Strategy
- PR management of brand events and managing external agencies when necessary
- Working with the team to monitor, report and evaluate media activity and work with the monitoring agencies
- Experience of managing compelling campaigns and strategies which target consumers. Evidence of managing campaigns which raise awareness, change behaviour and shift perception
- Can-do attitude and willing to help out as required
- Team player
- Flexible approach to working
- Able to integrate digital activity seamlessly into consumer campaigns
- Excellent press contacts and relationships
- Knowledge of working with influencers and influencer agencies
- Creative thinker
- Excellent media relations skills and good media relationships
- Comfortable using a range of metrics to measure activity
- Excellent writing skills
- Organised and unflappable
- Excellent judgement and intellectual rigour
- Results driven
- Positive and collaborative approach
N.B The Communications Team operates a media rota system, and therefore there will be some out of hours work on occasion as well as evening work on brand events and awards
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.