Assistant Managing Editor
Location: The I Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is recruiting an Assistant Managing Editor to join our growing newsroom.
The successful candidate will support our editorial team across i's digital and print editions during an exciting period of growth, helping to oversee personnel across our growing organisation and key administrative tasks that support i's award winning journalism. The role has wide remit including rota management, complaints handling, recruitment and more.
- Oversight of departmental rotas across the newsroom, ensuring staff levels are consistent as needed
- Working with HR on contract requests, other ad hoc personnel queries and administrating changes as needed
- Assisting with recruitment – keep up to date log of live roles, working with line managers and other internal stakeholders to ensure smooth process
- On-boarding new staff
- Assisting with management of apprentice scheme
- Assisting with running work experience scheme
- Monitoring reader feedback and complaints, collecting responses from relevant staff members and drafting replies, keeping a log of ongoing correspondence
- Helping to collate award submissions
- Assisting with processing payments and expenses and inputting information onto departmental budget trackers
- Helping to manage ad hoc projects
- Experience working in a national newsroom desirable
- Highly organised, proactive and efficient
- Understanding of the demands of digital and print publishing
- The ability to communicate effectively with other colleagues in the newsroom, including senior editors
- The ability to react quickly and confidently to requests
- Some knowledge of the Editors’ Code of Practice
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.