Job Title: Assistant Travel Editor
Department / Division :TNL editorial
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments,meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times.News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
- Write, edit and produce distinctive and engaging travel content across multiple platforms for The Times and The Sunday Times
- Work with in-house writers and freelance contributors to commission high-quality articles for print and web
- Represent the Travel department at press and PR events and on Times Radio
- Attend conference and sign-off pages and digital sections as required
- Mentor, assist and manage more junior members of the Travel department and oversee staff rotas
- Contribute ideas and stories to other sections of The Times and The Sunday Times
- Commission and edit digital packages that increase engagement, support subscriber growth and generate commercial revenue
Skills and experience:
- Experience working as a commissioning editor on a national newspaper or magazine
- Significant past experience in, and a demonstrable passion for, travel and travel journalism
- Able to commission content for multiple platforms
- A strong understanding of SEO and the tools used to measure engagement and traffic
- Able to use social media platforms to engage current and new audiences for The Times and The Sunday Times, both inside and outside the paywall
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate succinctly and effectively
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- A strong understanding of editorial compliance and regulatory issues
Please apply with a cover letter and CV by October 24.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion,belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status,disability or age.