The Telegraph’s personal finance team is central to our subscription strategy, and is hugely popular among our most engaged, paying digital readers.
The Investment Editor will be responsible for overseeing the desk’s market-leading investment content, reporting to the head of desk, writing, editing and commissioning engaging personal finance content with an investment focus for multiple channels, primarily digital and print.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
The investment editor will:
- commission, edit and publish investment content – for print and online – that aims to help our well-informed readership make their own investment decisions and grow their wealth
- manage two specialist investment reporters and guide them in their work and output
- write a weekly investment comment
- work on the investment newsletter
- monitor reader correspondence and use analytics to inform and improve idea generation and presentation
- have an endless stream of original, insightful ideas for investing content
- manage long-term projects such as our Telegraph 25 list of favourite funds, and cover the Questor share tipping column where required
- manage the Telegraph’s Fantasy Fund Manager game
- be part of the personal finance editing team covering other Money topics
- represent the personal finance team across the Telegraph newsroom
The ideal candidate will be:
- a strong writer
- an excellent and experienced editor with an impeccable eye for detail
- knowledgeable in all fields of personal finance, including investing
- able to turn complex investment jargon into plain English
- news-aware and able to spot a story or a digital project from raw numbers or by using stock screening and fund analysis tools
- knowledgeable about how people invest, including funds, investment trusts and Isa/Sipp providers
- well-connected in the industry, with a large network of contacts and other sources
- familiar with a range of formats including news, analysis, expert advice, guides, explainers, evergreens and case studies (such as Money Makeovers) and presentation tools including charts, polls, etc
- creative and bursting with ideas
- alive to the interests of our audience and attuned to how best to serve them
- highly organised, fast working, confident, energetic, enthusiastic and able to be part of our happy and successful team
Ideally, candidates would also be:
- experienced in digital publishing
- comfortable with the use of analytics
- experienced in using InDesign and InCopy for print production
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.