WE ARE IMMEDIATE
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK including Radio Times, BBC Good Food and BBC History. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 82 million passionate consumers globally each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
We sum up our mission in three words: Content. Passion. Engagement. Our focus is to help our audiences get the most out of the things they love, whatever they spend their time and energy on. Our people are as passionate about their subjects as our consumers. We’re focussed on growth across our business and are constantly looking for new and exciting ways to innovate.
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
For us, it’s really important to connect with our people, particularly as we’re all remote right now. So, we’ve developed a programme of events, workshops and webinars with a rich and diverse mix of content to appeal to everyone.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
As our new Communications manager, you will play a key part in Immediate’s Corporate Communications team, based in London, working across internal and consumer comms.
The successful candidate will take the lead on internal communications for Immediate’s London business, working with a range of internal stakeholders, to create and deliver relevant content and initiatives across a variety of platforms to drive engagement across the business.
Culture is a hugely important part of Immediate’s success and engaging and regular communications with our people is a key part on this, particularly as we return to the office to a hybrid way of working. This new role looks to further drive engagement with our people and drive awareness of key business priorities, and support our well-being and D&I initiatives, through a range of internal communications activities.
The role will also provide proactive and reactive PR support for a portfolio of Immediate’s consumer brands, including Immediate’s live events business and BBC Gardeners’ World magazine.
As the Communications manager for Immediate, your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Director of Comms to develop and deliver an internal communications strategy delivered across multiple platforms
- Providing relevant and regular content for Immediate’s intranet, weekly newsletters and website
- Create content for internal events and corporate activities
- Build strong relationship across Immediate to identify and produce a regular flow of news content to support Immediate’s business priorities
- Work closely with our internal events team to support and promote Immediate’s active social engagement programme
- Devising and implementing strategic PR campaigns across Immediate’s consumer brands, including Immediate’s Live Events and BBC Gardeners’ World magazine
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Experience working in internal communications role
- Consumer PR experience (in-house or agency)
- Experience leading on successful projects and implementing internal communication strategies and plans
- Experience of briefing design and video teams
- Experience developing, writing and implementing creative, compelling content
- Experience of using internal communications channels - online, face to face, events, awards and print - including knowledge of SharePoint and social media
- Knowledge of best practice in internal engagement and employee experience
- Proven ability to network among a wide variety of stakeholders
- Tenacious but diplomatic
- Proven ability to use initiative
- Highly organised
- Results driven
- Positive and collaborative approach to fit into small team culture
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants.
We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.
As you apply, we’ll ask you to share some personal information which will help us understand how we’re doing in our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We’d really appreciate if you’d take a few moments to complete this but if you’d rather not that’s fine too. Rest assured; we’ll treat your information confidentially.