Professional Beauty Group is looking for a talented and experienced content creator to join its successful B2B portfolio, which includes the market-leading magazines and websites Professional Beauty, Hairdressers Journal and Aesthetic Medicine.
Our mission is to help and support the salon and spa profession. We produce digital and print content and have the sector’s leading websites and magazines with their assocaiated social channels. We stage online and physical events, conferences and awards.
You will join an established content team and will be creating and posting content for all channels, across online, print, and in-person in order to attract, engage and grow our audiences. The role requires a proactive, team player who wants to immerse themselves in this exciting, fast-moving market.
The successful applicant will need to build strong relationships with industry at all levels, attend events and ensure the independent, credible ethos of our editorial content is maintained.
- Content – deliver content to ensure we are meeting the needs of the market across all platforms and growing our audiences
- Editorial integrity – ensure our print and digital offering retains the independent, authoritative and credible content it is known for, and collaborate with the team to constantly challenge and improve
- Commerciality – understand the needs of, and work with our commercial partners to enable them to meet their business objectives
- Market integration – build relationships and gain the confidence of key contacts across the sector to ensure PB gets exclusive content and is first to market
- Work with the wider editorial, sales and marketing team to offer solutions to meet the needs of our key accounts
- Events – work with the team to secure relevant participants and deliver compelling content that grows the participation in, and audiences at, our face-to-face awards and events (Live Stages, Conferences etc)
- Presenting and hosting – confident chairing panels and interviewing speakers, both at live events and for online webinars and social media videos
Key skills required
- An ability to write and adapt content for multi-media use with a good knowledge of SEO and social engagement techniques
- Produce clean, concise and accurate content including both long and short-form features and news
- News sense – the eye to spot a good exclusive and the confidence and tenacity to make sure you are the first to cover it
- Excellent English language knowledge, both usage and grammar
- Strong social skills and ability to build relationships
- Flexibility to attend numerous industry events, including some evenings and weekends
- A passion and enthusiasm for beauty, spa and business content
Benefits Package -
- 25 days holiday (increasing after 2 years)
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Option to join company private health scheme after one year
The hours are 9am - 5.30pm.
To apply, please send a CV, a covering letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for the role and at least two relevant examples of your writing.