Risk.net, the digital news service covering financial markets, regulation and risk management, is looking for an editor to join our 25-strong team of journalists and editors.
The successful candidate will work within a small pool of editors responsible for turning journalists’ raw copy into publication-ready stories that meet the highest standards of accuracy, impartiality and clarity.
The editing pool is supported by specialist editors who ensure articles have the right content and do not contain any factual or logical gaps.
The successful candidate will help coach junior reporters by providing, whenever possible, feedback on the stories they’ve edited.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working collaboratively with reporters and specialist editors to shape, structure and edit feature articles on complex financial topics.
- Adding/rewriting headlines, standfirsts, summaries and crossheads where necessary.
- Doing the final proofread on stories before publication, focusing on grammar, spelling, punctuation and house style.
- Publishing articles on Risk.net using an in-house content management system.
More about the company
The last decade has seen dramatic change in financial risk management and regulation, as well as the markets through which many risks are transferred. Risk.net covers these topics in more depth than any other publication.
Driven by growing subscription revenue, Risk.net prides itself on its editorial independence and on giving readers information and analysis they cannot get anywhere else – principles that have supported the brand since the launch of Risk magazine 35 years ago.
Risk.net is owned by Infopro Digital, one of the world’s leading B2B publishers, with 2,700 employees and over 50 brands covering automobile, manufacturing and engineering, retail and e-commerce, insurance and finance, construction and architecture, tourism, and government authorities, across 17 countries.
- At least five years of experience as a journalist or editor, preferably covering the financial sector and/or markets for some of that time.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and a knack for explaining complex topics in plain English.
- A keen eye for detail and nuances of meaning.
- An ability to write with flair and, when appropriate, a sense of humour would be a bonus!
- A willingness to learn about a broad range of financial topics, including regulation, derivatives, risk management and quantitative finance.
- Risk.net has a collegiate approach – journalists and editors collaborate across our five editorial desks and three offices. Standards are high, but so is management support.
Salary dependent on experience.
You will need to be able to work in the UK without restrictions.
We know great people make great companies. Infopro Digital is defined by people and passion, and powered by knowledge and innovation. Everything we do is centred on trust, integrity and respect. Our collaborative approach drives creativity across our markets; and our focus on giving teams ownership allows us to build an entrepreneurial culture where our people and brands can thrive and grow.
We run a Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Agile/remote working
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health cash plan