As a Visual Production Journalist, you will be part of an exciting team responsible for visually enhancing our most ambitious and creative daily digital journalism. You will help give added context to news and personalise stories for Telegraph readers. You will work closely with other journalists, designers, developers, graphics and data journalists to publish outstanding digital content that stands out from the crowd.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Working with the head of daily visual production, developers and designers to create reactive and dynamic visualisations, shareable interactives, and tools that enhance The Telegraph’s journalism in response to the daily news cycle.
- Identifying the best way to make complex news stories more visual and impactful, and accessible to wider audiences.
- Attend daily news conference and design meetings and be a key driver of fresh ideas for how to visually enhance content.
- Ensure the team is a centre of excellence within the newsroom for digital publishing.
- Working with the Snapchat editor and design team to conceptualise, edit and build The Telegraph’s award-winning daily edition on Snapchat Discover.
- Excellent understanding of the daily news agenda and what resonates with a Telegraph audience. (Essential)
- An eye for visual journalism and the ability to come up with innovative ideas.
- Experience of working to right deadlines (Essential)
- Ability to commission designers and developers, and guide journalists on how visual production can enhance their work. (Essential)
- Ability to foster key stakeholder buy-in and evangelise the use of non-text storytelling across the newsroom, and involve desks in coming up with new ideas. (Essential)
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure high standards across all work.
- Strong people skills and the ability to ensure any components created are adopted and used by the rest of the newsroom.
- Willingness to lead on new digital publishing techniques.
- Basic design skills and knowledge of design software e.g. - Photoshop / illustrator / Figma (Desirable)
- Experience working with and/or an understanding of subscription-based business models (Desirable)
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.