In this key senior editorial role you'll be responsible for delivering the homepage, ensuring telegraph.co.uk and our new app set the agenda by presenting the highest-quality content in the best possible way for a digital audience.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Drive a compelling homepage that reflects the Telegraph's values, puts subscribers first and grows the Telegraph's audience.
- Ensure telegraph.co.uk is an entertaining and informative platform - with the best possible headlines, pictures and visual assets at all times.
- Overall responsibility for the new Telegraph App. Line-manage the Edition team that compiles the digital version of the newspaper in our app. Ensure the edition is of the highest quality, error free and optimised for the best digital experience.
- Manage the app notifications strategy, and liaise with Apple News and other developing third-party platforms to ensure the right content is supplied and promoted.
- Work closely with commissioning editors and digital heads across news, lifestyle, business, sport, video, pictures and design/graphics channels to produce content in a timely way, to the highest publishing standards.
- Coordinate the overnight operation, including daily handovers in both the morning and evening with US and Australia offices.
- Liaise with analytics, SEO and social media to ensure priorities are met.
- Display stories and content in innovative ways.
- Help the website to meet its subscription targets.
- Attend conferences to help drive the digital news and features agenda on a daily and weekly basis.
- Work with the Assistant Editor, TMG to ensure daily digital priorities are met.
- A digital editor with significant experience at national level.
- Outstanding news judgment.
- A deep understanding of Homepages, how they operate and how to write incredible headlines.
- Significant experience of digital reporting and publishing, including telling stories in creative ways.
- Command of analytics tools and how these influence homepage decisions.
- Understanding of SEO.
- A track record in innovation and digital thinking.
- Understanding and experience of the different content types that make up a diverse website such as telegraph.co.uk.
- Understanding of photo, video and graphical journalism and how they can be used to develop a website.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with executive editors, heads of departments and senior journalists.
- Demonstrable management experience of leading a team and setting strategy.
- Experience of subscription-based strategy.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.