Features Writer, loveMONEY.com
loveMONEY.com is looking for an enthusiastic, creative Features Writer to help grow our audience around the world. You’ll be producing fantastic photo gallery-style features on a range of topics from the super-rich’s spending habits to comparing countries’ prosperity to treasure hunters’ amazing finds.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves the challenge of researching and creating compelling content that will engage and inspire audiences. This role will predominately be home-based although will occasionally require travel to London.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Generating great ideas that will help us grow our audience on our own and our partner sites;
- Researching and producing engaging content, predominately photo-led content;
- Updating key pieces of older content so they are up to date and relevant;
- Monitoring performance to understand what’s worked and what hasn’t and why using analytics tools (full training will be provided).
Skills and attributes needed
- Passionate about digital journalism and telling great stories using words and pictures;
- Experience of writing and editing for the web;
- Photo editing skills a bonus;
- Knowledge of social media and search engine optimisation;
- Experience of using a content management system beneficial (although training will be provided);
- Good interpersonal/communication skills;
- Excellent project/time management and organisational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail (eg grammar, style, consistency);
- Interest in subjects including wealth, personal finance, business and careers.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience plus a discretionary performance-based bonus scheme and benefits.
loveMONEY.com is part of Love Incorporated, a fast-growing digital lifestyle publishing company.
Love Incorporated is an equal opportunities employer. We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people. We aspire to deliver inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve. We actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
Please send us a cover letter detailing why you would be right for this role.
As part of your application, we would also like you to send us three ideas for photo-led stories for loveMONEY.com that would appeal to a global audience (not just the UK). Tell us why you’ve chosen them. You can see more examples of the topics we cover at www.lovemoney.com/Topics/features These can be included at the bottom of your cover letter.
Your application must also include an up-to-date CV and your salary expectations.
Applications without all of the above elements will not be considered.