Features Editor – loveMONEY.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative Features Editor to join our hugely-successful brand loveMONEY.com and help grow our audience around the world. You’ll be editing engaging and insightful photo gallery-style features on a range of topics from the super-rich’s spending habits to comparing countries’ prosperity to treasure hunters’ amazing finds.
This is a fantastic opportunity for people who would love the challenge of editing compelling news-led and evergreen content that will be seen globally. The roles will predominately be home-based although will occasionally require travel to London.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Fast, accurate subbing and a rigorous approach to fact-checking;
- A confidence with copy and the ability to make improvements;
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to prepare a piece for online publishing;
- Creative headlines;
- A keen interest in the subject matter areas we cover;
- An excellent news instinct and understanding of current affairs and popular culture;
- The ability to rework and reshape existing content creatively to deliver features that drive both traffic and engagement;
- Knowledge of current media legislation, especially libel and copyright law;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an appropriate timeframe;
- A self-starting, motivated attitude;
- Ability to work in a busy and challenging environment.
The role will require you to perform the following tasks:
- Editing and improving 2,000-word+ photo gallery-style content for publication, from pitches and headlines through to metadata and pictures;
- Fact-checking, grammar and spell checking content for publication;
- Editing copy from British English into American English;
- Sourcing new ideas for content as part of the wider team;
- Establishing proof of concept and locating image and information sources for stories;
- Researching and writing briefs, commissioning writers and processing invoices;
- Assisting with editorial planning;
- Statistical reporting on performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience plus a discretionary performance-based bonus scheme and excellent benefits.
loveMONEY.com is part of Love Inc, a fast-growing digital lifestyle publishing company with a global focus.
Love Inc is an equal opportunities employer. We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people. We aspire to deliver inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve. We actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
Please include a detailed cover letter telling us why you think you are a good fit for the Features Editor role.
Please also send three ideas for brilliant loveMONEY photo gallery stories that you believe would be attractive to readers around the world, not just in the UK, complete with both an SEO headline and an eye-catching site-level headline, a short summary of the idea and why it would be successful. These can be included at the bottom of your cover letter. You can see more examples of the topics we cover at www.lovemoney.com/Topics/features
Your application must also include an up-to-date CV and your salary expectations.
Applications without all of the above elements will not be considered.