Investor's Business Daily is seeking an executive producer to lead its original video team. Top candidates for this position will demonstrate excellent editorial, production and team-management skills. Although you'll be the key leader of this team, this is a hands-on role and we are seeking a well-versed producer with a track record of producing original video concepts, delving into research and pre-production, leading physical production in the field and the studio, and crafting projects in post. The executive producer, originals, will partner with stakeholders across all coverage areas to generate new video ideas and work with a team of producers and video journalists to execute under tight deadlines. Candidates need to show successful executions of projects that have been done in just a few hours, as well as award-winning features and series with longer lead times.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching, pitching, writing and producing investing and business news, education videos with a focus on investing and stock trading, and feature videos of interest to the IBD audience
- Managing a team of producers, video journalists and graphics editors to produce timely news, enterprise journalism, feature videos and recurring series across IBD's coverage areas
- Collaborating with editorial leaders in all coverage areas to identify opportunities to partner on reporting, while communicating original video plans that relate to their beats
- Working with producers during pre-production to hone story angles, reviewing pre-interviews, editing written treatments/outlines and shooting schedules
- Supporting producers and video journalists in the field, sharing advice and helping to resolve unexpected production issues
- Providing clear and productive notes on scripts and videos in edit
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times
- Mentoring junior staff members to develop skills and providing opportunities for growth
- Developing original series ideas, as well as executing ideas generated by broader team
- Originating and managing budgets for one-off and series projects
- Ability to work late hours and weekends as warranted
- Completing additional duties as assigned
Key candidate requirements:
- At least 12 years working in video production and production management
- Thorough understanding of IBD's core coverage areas, with a specific focus on investing and markets coverage
- Specific understanding of content and audience differentiation on various platforms including O&O, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Proven history of developing successful non-fiction videos and series for aforementioned platforms
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and presentation skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: Investor's Business Daily
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28219