Content Marketing Manager
DC Thomson is currently undertaking our largest transformation programme in our history. We are drawing together specialisms from across our businesses and creating centres of excellence to provide the continued best value to our customers both externally and internally, through new and exciting digital products and channels.
As Content Marketing Manager, you will support the development and execution of digital content strategies across Aceville’s lifestyle, craft and food verticals. Your impact on the content generation and footprint of our online portfolio will be seen by millions of consumers each year. You’ll deploy insights-driven tactics to attract and engage online audiences across social, website and email, with the core goal of winning more customers, building brands and boosting the business as a whole.
Reporting to our Head of Content Development, you’ll communicate clearly and collaborate productively with various departments, including editorial, web development and advertising. The work is varied and reactive, and as such, we are looking for someone who thrives in an ever-changing environment.
This opportunity is open to remote working arrangements; please discuss this with us during the hiring process.
About Aceville and DC Thomson
DC Thomson is one of the leading media organisations in the UK, with a proud heritage of creating trusted brands that enlighten and entertain audiences across the globe. Using audience insight and data, we create content and experiences that connect with our customers and build loyal communities. Our trading companies include genealogy leaders Findmypast, cloud solutions business Brightsolid, Beano Studios, The Stylist Group, Puzzler Media and DC Thomson Media, which has a large portfolio of news brands, magazines, radio stations, podcasts, events and digital platforms.
Aceville is part of DC Thomson Media; we are passionate about engaging communities of lifestyle consumers, educators, business leaders, hobbyists, and foodies. And we pride ourselves on putting people first. This role is exposed to an incredible array of departments and upskilling opportunities, making progression easy for someone who is motivated to succeed. We’ll work with you to develop and progress your career based on what you enjoy. Plus, we offer a competitive package of benefits to support your personal and professional development. This includes a healthcare cash plan, pension scheme and mental health support.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cascading digital content strategies to Aceville’s consumer division, across all digital touchpoints, with the core aim of delivering audience growth
- Continuously analysing the success of content strategies with a data-driven, agile mindset
- Researching and communicating topics and keywords using industry-leading content and SEO tools
- Monitoring, reworking and improving existing content to ensure it meets SEO best practices and the brand’s overarching content strategy
- Writing and editing high-quality, targeted content for multiple brands to defined goals
- Identifying, developing and testing new content formats
- Providing continuous support and training to personnel, ensuring editorial staff are fully equipped with the skills they need to create successful cross-platform content
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in digital content creation (2+ years)
- Strong content writing and editing skills (5+ years)
- Track record of developing engaging and concise website copy and content
- Detailed knowledge of SEO-driven content requirements
- Highly organised, enjoys collaborating with others to achieve strategic goals
- Technical skills in Google Analytics, interpreting data and SEO
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
We pride ourselves on putting people first. This role is exposed to an incredible array of departments and upskilling opportunities, making progression easy for someone who is motivated to succeed. We'll work with you to develop and progress your career based on what you enjoy. Plus, as part of DC Thomson Media, we offer a competitive package of benefits to support your personal and professional development. This includes a healthcare cash plan, pension scheme and mental health support.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position. We offer a generous package including: a competitive salary, birthday day off after completion of your first year, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
For further information, please visit dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is Sunday 28th November 2021.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.