Location: The I Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is looking for brilliant Digital Sub-Editors to join our growing newsroom. Working closely with all editorial departments to bring our journalism to our digital audience at the highest standards, you will be obsessed with accuracy, grammar and tone of voice, and have a meticulous eye for detail. You will work on both quick breaking news and longer form content, working on a number of different stories each day in a fast-moving environment.
- Sub-editing journalism across i's digital platforms
- Using the CMS to make copy and picture changes where necessary. On occasion working on copy for the print edition.
- Ensuring all content published is optimised for all devices and produced with SEO best practice in mind.
- Making sure all editorial content adheres to i's style guide and is legally and factually accurate.
- Ability to identify potentially sensitive content and escalating to department heads where necessary.
- Working closely with editors and colleagues to ensure a consistent tone of voice across inews.co.uk and i's brand as a whole.
- High quality sub-editing and fact checking skills
- Good understanding of SEO and the ability to optimise headlines for search referrers
- Ability to work efficiently and without errors in a fast-paced news environment
- Experience in sub-editing or production in a newsroom
- Passion for detail and how articles are presented
- Excellent content management system skills
- An all-round team player
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs
- Ability to work with other teams effectively against deadline
- Good IT skills and ability to learn new systems
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.