Diary Editor - MoS
Location: Mail on Sunday Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
The Mail on Sunday is seeking a dynamic and experienced new Diary Editor.
About The Mail on Sunday Diary
Charlotte Griffiths’ Talk of the Town column produces exclusive stories every week with eye catching pictures to accompany them. The Diary team has its finger on the pulse of the society scene and brings in stories from the movers and shakers making waves at events in London and beyond.
- Write crisp stories for the weekly column
- Help with organising, sourcing and attending events.
- Make and maintain great contacts within the industry to produce original Diary stories
- Bring in exclusive pictures.
- They will commission, edit and write copy for the weekly Talk of the Town column.
- Have a good network of contacts who can bring in stories.
- An interest in society stories, Royals and glamorous showbiz names.
- Top-notch editing skills
- An eye for a story
- Enthusiasm for attending evening events and showbiz parties.
- Dynamic and experienced Diary Editor.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent standards of written English.
- Write quickly and accurately.
To apply, please email your CV and a short covering letter including salary expectation, explaining why you are ideal for the role.
dmg media’s brands deliver highly engaging, trusted content to millions of loyal customers around the globe, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Together, Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, i, MailOnline, Mail Plus, metro.co.uk and inews.co.uk reach more than 11m people daily in the UK.* Globally, our brands reach 180m unique browsers every month.** In March 2021, the business acquired the world’s leading science title, New Scientist.
dmg media’s newsbrands are expert at getting to the bottom of the stories most relevant to their readers.
*PAMCo 1 2020 ** Omniture April 2021
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.