The Wall Street Journal is looking for an audience voices producer who will be responsible for moderating audience conversations, managing and implementing engagement strategies, working with new digital tools, and reporting and writing stories that give voice to our audience.
In this role, you will help highlight the expertise of our readers and enable meaningful conversations around the reporting that makes us unique. The ideal candidate will be comfortable making objective decisions about whether audience comments meet guidelines for publication. You will deploy strategies to drive deeper engagement with members, as well as help create articles and other features from audience submissions.
A significant portion of your weekly hours will be spent on moderation and related tasks that allow our readers to engage in civil and elevated conversation.
You will also manage the team's close collaboration with WSJ+, our members' corner, on developing new opportunities for community building, and you will play a key role in writing and producing the weekly Women In newsletter.
Candidates should be comfortable interacting directly with readers as a representative of The Wall Street Journal and with journalists as a member of the newsroom.
This listing is for a producer willing to work four weekdays and one weekend day (Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday). Flexibility around work schedule is helpful.
- Moderate comments on WSJ.com and correspond with readers about moderation decisions
- Write reader-centered stories in collaboration with colleagues across the newsroom
- Play a key role in the writing and production of the Women In newsletter, which features stories, ideas and opportunities to connect with women business leaders
- Manage the team's relationship with WSJ+, a benefits program that gives Wall Street Journal members exclusive access to events, special offers, and more
- Ensure highest journalistic standards
- Superb judgment in moderating comments
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong audience engagement skills
- Strong organizational and project management abilities
- An interest and some experience in reporting and storytelling
- Experience with high-volume commenting platforms is preferred
- General awareness of how a newsroom works and others' roles and responsibilities
- Comfort with audience data and digital tools
- Minimum 3 years' experience
While you may start this job remotely, you will eventually be based in our New York office. You will report to the Deputy Editor, New Audiences & Community.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28438