Full time, permanent
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
Tes Global is a global digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
Tes, the biggest and most well-read publication for schools, is looking for a correspondent to join its award-winning editorial team.
This rare opportunity would suit an experienced journalist able to quickly spot and generate ideas for agenda-setting scoops and investigations that will be essential reading for teachers and school leaders. Education reporting experience would be useful, but not essential. We’re looking for someone able to use their own initiative to stay on top of their patches, work to tight deadlines and develop an extensive contacts book in order to uncover the off-diary stories that provide the information schools need to know.
The correspondent will produce multimedia content including written articles, data graphics, video and audio. They will have a hunger to find answers to the burning questions that school leaders have, and to hold those in power to account. Attention to detail and speed means their work will be of a high quality and reaches the audience when they need it.
They will understand the crucial importance of social media and SEO, and also the integral part their own profile plays in Tes being seen as the go-to number one information source for schools. As such, they will be comfortable appearing regularly in the media and at conferences and distributing their content in an engaging way through major social channels.
• Generating ideas for articles and investigations
• Learning and maintaining knowledge about the sector and the patches they are assigned to cover
• Working at speed and with accuracy to produce content to tight deadlines
• Representing the magazine at events and in the media
• Using social media to promote stories and generate ideas
Education & Experience:
• Experienced journalist with a track record of securing investigative, exclusive stories
• An NCTJ qualification or equivalent qualification
• Experience of producing content across multiple platforms
• Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
• An understanding of SEO
• Experience building contacts and maintaining relationships with senior industry figure
What do you get in return?
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30
• 5% pension after probation
• My Benefits World Access
• Bupa Health cover
• Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
Who are Tes?
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, Tes have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe.
We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers. The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.
We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal, to support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education.
Tes Group are an equal opportunities employer