Brand: Mortgage Strategy/Mortgage Finance Gazette
Base Location: Croydon/Home
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
About the role: As a reporter for Mortgage Strategy/Mortgage Finance Gazette, you will produce market-leading news, analysis, and features.
You will be a real news hound, seeking out quality stories ahead of the competition, developing a strong understanding of market issues and articulating these across a variety of formats. Your content will drive interest to the brands’ websites and print title. Working with the editor and deputy editor, you will be proactive in coming up with new content ideas that make the publication stand out.
You will be confident in establishing contacts within the mortgage market and get to know the issues that matter most to Mortgage Strategy and Mortgage Finance Gazette’s audiences.
- Maintaining a strong network of contacts to break exclusive news stories
- Respond quickly and accurately to rolling news stories
- Conduct longer-form analyses and comment pieces on the market
- Produce market-leading content across all formats
- Be an ideas generator, constantly looking forward to what would resonate best with our audiences
- Develop advanced news gathering skills like public records searches and legal requests for documents
- Represent our brands in the market and develop a personal brand that improves the title’s exposure
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Evidence of previous interest in journalism
- NCTJ or master’s degree in journalism preferrable or equivalent
- General interest in financial news desirable
- Shorthand advantageous
- Audio editing/broadcasting/podcasting skills highly desirable
- Talent at writing timely, accurate news copy
- Ability to generate leads through contact base
- Exceptional interviewing and questioning skills
Benefits: emap is part of the Metropolis Group and we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
· 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
· Health plan
· Life insurance cover
· Cycle to work scheme.
· Discounted gym memberships
· Retail discount vouchers and more
How to apply: Please send your CV, covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.