This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding marketing, creative and demand gen team at Dow Jones - a leading news, data and information powerhouse.
We are looking for a Freelance Senior Creative Designer to provide paternity coverage on a temporary full time basis. The Designer will produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to drive our B2B marketing plans. The Senior Creative Designer position will be a lead creative of our global in-house creative team, comprising design, copywriting, video and development talent - working across all our B2B advertising and marketing comms materials for our Professional Information Business. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including marketing campaigns, digital and print ads, social campaigns, websites, brochures, and reports.
The Senior Creative Designer will report directly to the Head of Marketing, based in New York City. While this is a remote position, the geographic preference is the metro NY area with flexibility in the eastern US. They will work closely and collaboratively across the Product Marketing and Lead Generation teams to drive creative execution across all our brands. Ultimately, the Senior Creative Designer will ensure the creative team acts as a guardian of our brands and elevates our brands through high quality creative work, bringing campaigns from concept through to brilliant execution.
Note: This is a temporary full-time position for a 5 month duration
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Work closely with the existing team to ensure the highest quality creative outputs, whether advertising comms, event materials and collateral, content marketing design, from conception to delivery.
- Generate ideas for advertising campaigns
- Design or overseeing original pieces, including illustrations and infographics.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
Qualifications & Criteria:
- Proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role.
- Five years plus experience
- Portfolio of completed design projects.
- Expert with image editing / design software, like Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
- Ideally BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field.
- Strong hands-on team player, not afraid to execute work at all levels depending on the workload
- Experience of managing other designers and small teams
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - SALES
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28582