- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Base Location: Croydon / Home
About the role: Award-winning brand Property Week is now looking for a deputy editor to join its team. As deputy editor you will oversee the analysis section, help manage the editorial team and share responsibility with the editor for determining editorial strategy, signing off the magazine, steering event content and representing the brand at industry events. You will also deputise for the editor in their absence.
About us: Property Week is the leading news magazine in the commercial and residential property market. Packed with news, features, opinion and analysis, Property Week keeps readers fully briefed on all the latest information from the industry, including major property deals, development opportunities and investment prospects.
Property Week’s award-winning editorial team also produces various supplements, sector reports and special focus features, focusing on important topics within the industry, from international matters to financial analysis.
About you: Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with a journalism qualification, you will have experience as a section editor or above, as well as knowledge of the property industry.
In addition to having strong leadership experience and strong communication skills, you will have a talent for grasping new and complex subjects quickly, as well as strong editing and writing skills. You will also be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Overseeing and contributing to the analysis section
- Helping manage the 16-strong PW editorial team
- Helping sign off the magazine and supplements with the editor, contributing editor and features editor
- Contributing features, analysis, and news
- Helping devise PW’s digital strategy with the editor, contributing editor, news and finance editor and digital editor
- Produce video and podcasts
- Drive digital engagement and steer our social media strategy
- Representing the magazine at industry and PW events
- Deputising for the editor in their absence
Benefits: emap is part of the Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers and more
How to apply: Please send your CV, covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.