Insurance Times, News Editor
- Employer: Newsquest Specialist Media.
- Location: Central London.
- Salary: Dependent on experience.
As News Editor at leading B2B brand Insurance Times, you will support the Editor by helping create and manage the daily output of news content which is published on Insurance Times’ website, as well as shared via email newsletters and social media. This will include turning around relevant press releases and sourcing exclusive news items from a wide network of industry contacts.
Alongside creating content, you will also be required to edit news articles written by junior members of the team, ensuring grammar, context and facts are correct and that the piece adheres to Insurance Times’ house style. You will help ensure that content is accurate, timely, well informed and conforms to the agreed editorial strategy.
Although your prime focus will be overseeing and writing digital news content, you will also be required to write exclusive insight features, which explore in greater depth topical industry issues and discussion points. This type of content is typically produced for the title’s monthly print issue, which you may have to oversee when deputising for the Editor.
Maintaining a steady flow of relevant and engaging news will be a key task and priority.
You will also play an active role in supporting Insurance Times’ events programme and research supplements, with promotional news stories flagging key dates and publications, as well as writing and editing detailed events coverage for the title’s conferences and awards evenings.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Produce daily content, including news and insight articles.
- Assist the Editor with editing articles produced by other members of the team.
- Help manage daily and weekly email newsletters.
- Help ensure comprehensive B2B coverage of the general insurance industry, with a particular focus on brokers and distribution.
- Develop a network of contacts to ensure consistent delivery of unique content (including news, insight, interviews and other features).
- When necessary, help oversee production of monthly magazine.
- Attend Insurance Times’ events and produce event coverage articles for the website and/or print magazine.
- Help post content on Insurance Times’ social media channels regarding articles/events.
About Insurance Times
Part of Newsquest Specialist Media, Insurance Times is a B2B trade publication targeted at UK brokers working within the general insurance market. For more information, visit www.insurancetimes.co.uk