Location: The I Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i’s award-winning iweekend edition is recruiting an experienced features writer to join our team.
This journalist will work alongside iweekend’s editors on compelling pieces across a variety of topics, from big-name interviews to news features and lifestyle trends. They will understand the unique demands of digital and print publishing and enjoy being part of an ambitious team.
- Pitch and write unique features that will build a habitual audience online and in print, including impactful journalism that will run on the front of the iweekend print edition, app and website.
- Contribute to iweekend’s digital publishing package.
- Oversee round-up guides plus regular columns including daily recipes, days out and podcasts.
- Contribute to the iweekend team’s commissioning meetings, suggesting new formats for our coverage.
- Help to plan future coverage, including working with publishers and agents around new releases and upcoming events.
- Be confident scouting out new opportunities for iweekend content.
- Work quickly, creatively and accurately under pressure to deadlines.
- Use audience data to inform pitches.
- Experience working in features for a national, major regional or magazine publisher, and in digital publishing.
- Experience in lifestyle journalism desirable, with good contacts.
- A self-starter who consistently offers compelling ideas with brilliant execution.
- Ability to write quickly, accurately and with flair.
- A strong team player, comfortable working under pressure to deadlines.
- Commitment to i's editorial standards of impartial and incisive coverage.
- Good knowledge of media law and the Editors’ Code of Practice.
- Experience with print production systems and with digital CMS.
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.
To apply, please complete the application form below enclosing a CV and a cover letter, explaining what you would do with the role and including three examples of your writing, and weekend-friendly feature ideas that would be suitable for the front of the print edition and our digital package.