PRWeek, the world’s leading business media brand for comms and PR professionals, is looking for a talented and ambitious senior reporter to join its award-winning editorial team.
The journalist will be a self-starter who enjoys hunting down and standing up big stories. They will work closely with the news editor, and other senior journalists on the team, to break exclusives ahead of other trade and national publications.
The successful candidate will also be involved in writing longer pieces such as interviews, features and analysis.
This is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of corporate, political and brand communications at a time of huge change.
- Writing news stories and quick analysis for the website and its daily bulletins
- Investigating key trends and holding the industry to account
- Writing longer features and interviews
- Maintaining and building relationships with senior executives across PR, the corporate world and the media
- A creative, highly motivated journalist with at least three years’ experience who is able to produce daily news and occasional features to PRWeek’s style
- Razor-sharp writing skills to ensure all content is of the highest quality and accuracy
- A nose for spotting an insightful news story as well as a clear understanding of the kind of entertaining, shareable content to help grow traffic and drive engagement
- An understanding of analytics and using real-time data to help shape the content PRWeek produces
- A desire to learn from constructive feedback
- Good command of forward planning and research
- The ability to remain calm under pressure in the face of daily and weekly deadlines
- The ability to build exceptional contacts within the relevant industry
- A team player able to adapt to and operate effectively in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- An interest in commercial creativity and cultural trends
- Willingness to attend evening events
- Understanding of media law
- Write stories about developments in the PR, media and marketing industries
- Break off-diary stories
- Hold the industry to account
- Pitch new and engaging ideas for longer features
- Monitor social media and other publications to highlight potential stories or topics
- Build long-term relationships with a patch of agencies and creative businesses, meeting and speaking with their leaders regularly
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.