Roxhill Media was created by the PR and media database veteran Alex Northcott. Alex spent the early part of his career working as the PR Director at Morgan Stanley, however he is best known as the founder and CEO of Gorkana from 2003-2011. After he sold Gorkana, he spent a few years in charitable work for Help for Heroes. He then decided it was time to return to the PR world and launched Roxhill in 2015.
Roxhill now boasts over 1,400 customers, spread across many sectors. Roxhill’s media database platform is sold to corporates and media/PR agencies across the globe, and is used to facilitate interaction between communication teams and the journalist communities.
Summary of role: The role sits within the Editorial team and is responsible for two key deliverables: generating webinars with journalists from across the B2B landscape (the top newspaper and magazine reporters/editors in the UK), and writing and transferring this information gleaned from these webinars (and other interviews) into educational ebooks for our clients. It is ideal for a seasoned PR or a former journalist.
Reporting line: The role reports to our Editorial Director, Alessia Horwich. Alessia is a former broadsheet journalist (Sunday Times most recently) and leads all our consumer webinars and works with the top newspaper and magazine editors in the UK to help PRs deliver high quality stories and secure excellent coverage.
The aim is to agree a monthly programme of content across the B2B media landscape based on Roxhill’s most popular outlets and the top 10 most influential titles in over 120 niche sectors. We want this creative and proactive colleague to agree a schedule with the editorial director and then to secure webinars with the key journalists that we believe our clients would be interested in. You would also work with the editorial team on delivering bespoke B2B related educational ebooks, using the information from the webinars or direct interviews.
B2B Areas of focus:
The consumer team today focus on journalists that write across these sectors: Travel, Beauty, Luxury, Fashion, Food & Drink, Wellbeing, Diet and Lifestyle journalists.
For this new role, we are interested in: business and money national/ broadcast journalists as well as key reporters (eg Transport / Consumer Affairs etc). Also senior reporters from the key trades and online media including financial services, healthcare, technology, education and other niche sectors. The ability to secure key journalists from the most influential media is always of interest to our clients.
- Roxhill has generated over 100 consumer webinars in 2021. They prove to be hugely beneficial to our PR clients and also have had great success in raising the brand and awareness of Roxhill across our community.
- Roxhill has been hosting 2-3 webinars a month with key financial business journalists.
Examples of webinars we have delivered to date:
- 40 minute interview with a business journalist from the UK nationals
- Webinars based on these themes:
- Perfect pitch – what hacks want from PRs
- Everything need to know about X title – a breakdown of the magazine or section within the paper
- Speed pitching series – 10 minutes to pitch to a journalist
- 10:1s – 10 minute webinar with a journalist answering the key PR questions
- 15:1 – a live face to face offering of 15 PRs in a room with 1 journalist. Q&A.
Examples of educational ebooks generated by the Editorial team:
- Roxhill’s Start up guide’s for PRs
- BBC Business Guide
- Christmas Gift Guides (Xmas gift guide across consumer media)
- How to pitch to the national newspaper glossy supplements
- PR Opportunities – identifying the best sections and columns for PRs to pitch for
- How to pitch to the UK National business sections
- Top 150 global nationals that are the most influential across the business community
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Reliable and able to work to tight deadlines, sometimes under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent copy writing and proof reading skills
- Self-motivated individual who is confident, thorough and tenacious.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Hybrid working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working
- WeWork discounts across Gym membership (50%) as well as many retailers
- Great clients
- Friendly & open working environment