Newsweek is seeking an Internet Culture & Trends Reporter to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of monitoring the essential conversations taking place on the internet. They will be adept at using all major social media platforms to find and identify appropriate stories for our U.S. audience.
We’re looking for someone who can sift through the various conversations taking place online to come up with original articles, conduct interviews with the people behind the stories, investigate online misinformation and verify viral videos.
They will be able to source, pitch and write several stories each day, with a strong understanding of digital journalism and the needs of a fast-paced newsroom.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London, Canary Wharf office or from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Pitch and write several news stories each day
- Research and write original stories and features
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Work with editors to ensure your work meets house style
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Experience covering social media and internet trends
- Familiarity covering U.S. news and trends
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours