i Culture Editor at DMGT, London
Location: inews Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience.
Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards).
i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
- Leading i’s arts and culture coverage across all digital and print platforms
- Developing an online culture presence that drives habitual audience growth
- Commissioning and editing a wide range of compelling features and reviews across all cultural genres, from TV and music to books, visual arts, theatre and more
- Securing high-profile interviews with leading figures in the world of arts and entertainment to drive online engagement
- Coordinating and driving coverage of large cultural events such as the Oscars
- Managing all arts desk personnel and output, including daily ‘live’ digital content and weekly arts in print
- Working closely with the digital audience team to promote the growth of arts online
- Monitoring content using data and reader feedback to ensure audience needs are met
- Maintaining and developing relationships with a wide range of arts figures to drive content
- Managing a budget and a large team of freelance writers
- Wide cultural knowledge, brilliant ideas, digital experience and impeccable editing skills
- Great arts contacts and a track record in developing original and exclusive culture journalism
- Demonstrable editing experience and the ability to write sparkling and engaging copy
- Strong digital publishing experience as well as an understanding of the unique demands of print deadlines
- Deft at identifying ideas and trends that can be turned into impactful feature journalism
- Confident in leading a team, managing a budget and giving feedback to commissioned writers
- A commitment to i's editorial standards of impartial and incisive coverage
- Experience with digital CMS desirable
- Good knowledge of media law and the Editors’ Code of Practice
To apply, please visit our site and complete the application form, enclosing your CV and a cover letter, including two ideas for compelling culture projects and a proposal for developing i's online cultural content. For each idea, please outline how you would tailor publication differently for i’s website and for print, explaining why.
dmg media’s brands deliver highly engaging, trusted content to millions of loyal customers around the globe, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Together, Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, i, MailOnline, Mail Plus, metro.co.uk and inews.co.uk reach more than 11m people daily in the UK.* Globally, our brands reach 180m unique browsers every month.** In March 2021, the business acquired the world’s leading science title, New Scientist.
dmg media’s newsbrands are expert at getting to the bottom of the stories most relevant to their readers.
*PAMCo 1 2020 ** Omniture April 2021
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.