Senior Reporter (Real Life)
Are you an experienced journalist, who wants to source spectacular exclusives and see your byline across the national media?
We are looking for a Senior Reporter to join our dynamic PA Real Life team, sourcing exclusive interviews where people tell only you about their incredible experiences and then placing those stories on Britain’s biggest websites and in national newspapers, magazines and on TV.
Why you should apply for this role….
- The chance to work for Britain’s most respected and best agency – we know just having PA Media on your CV opens doors - and to work with some of the best journalists in the industry
- A massive boost to your profile and career. Previous members of our Real Life team have gone on to work on national papers, both tabloid and broadsheet, and in TV or video production
- Ongoing training and development opportunities – we want you to grow your skills and there are likely to be promotion opportunities within the team for the right person
- Alongside a competitive basic salary, there’s an attractive benefits package which includes a company pension scheme, travel loans and a Cycle2Work scheme
- We are based at a bright and modern office on the canal at Paddington Basin. Flexible home working is also available.
What you’ll be doing….
- Tracking down the most brilliant stories you can find for publication on major sites like Mail Online, Metro Online, Sun Online and Yahoo, as exclusives in national newspapers like The Daily Mail, Sunday Mirror and Sunday People, and in women’s magazines like Take A Break, That’s Life!, Bella and Chat – and arranging for some of your best interviewees to appear in TV shows like This Morning and Good Morning Britain
- Building strong relationships with senior commissioning editors across the media
- Thinking visually and creatively to track down the best untold stories on social media as well as through PA Media’s outstanding network of news reporters, charities and press contacts
- Regularly breaking big and exciting interviews - and never uploading other people’s stories!
Do you have….?
- A strong track-record of producing your own exclusive stories for a newspaper, agency or a news focused website? Previous news agency experience would be a real bonus
- Loads of ambition and confidence to land the best exclusives?
- Brilliant interviewing skills, to find the best lines in every story?
- Excellent writing ability? Ours is a fast-paced environment and we need all our content to be compelling and accurate
- A love of Real Life stories, be they heart-breaking crime, astounding health stories, love rats or just very quirky reads?
- A sound knowledge of media law?
- An NCTJ or equivalent qualification?
And if you also have experience editing other people’s copy, we’d love to know about that too
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance and positively encourage agile working.
We are always open to discuss an individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early. We will aim to update you on the status of your application as soon as possible and successful applicants will be invited to a MS Teams interview.