Internship in Public Relations (PR) (m/f/x)
Wayfair, one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home, is on the hunt for a talented intern to assist the UK PR team from our vibrant Berlin or London office. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s bright, creative and hard-working to gain hands-on experience working on consumer communications at this leading eCommerce company. You will learn the ins and outs of how PR works, spanning everything from celebrity room makeovers and event planning to media placement tracking and industry research.
This is a paid internship, working a full 40-hour work week.
Internships are expected to last 6-12 months. Please note we are looking to fill this role immediately.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as key support in daily press office, liaising with UK / IRE editor contacts to facilitate press requests, including delivering imagery and product samples
- Track UK & IRE press coverage on a weekly basis
- Coordinate product samples and supplier call-ins for press magazine and shoots
- Assist in planning and execution of PR stunts and events
- Draft and execute topical pitches to UK/IRE media contacts on a regular basis
- Research and compile weekly roundups of industry news monitoring
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders, including cross-functional partners across Wayfair’s London, Berlin and Boston offices
- Take the initiative to become familiar with the Wayfair brand and offer valuable suggestions that will enhance our communications objectives
What You’ll Need:
- Interest and/or experience in homewares, interior design or other design-related field is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude - no job is too big or too small
- An interest in data and mining for trends, alongside an analytical mindset
- Ability to multitask, enthusiastically deliver results and track progress
- Excited to be part of a global brand and work remotely with other international offices
- Experience using InDesign and/or Photoshop would be an advantage
- Ability to work full time in Berlin or London (hybrid working possible)
- Previous office based experience is preferable
- Previous PR experience (in-house or agency) is preferable
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success.
We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.