Title: Special Projects Editor
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000
Location: London, UK
Job type: Full time, permanent
We are currently seeking a full time, permanent Special Features Editor to work within the Tes’ Editorial Department to produce high quality content for our partners. You will work with top tier education brands, global ed tech companies, charities, academy trusts and government organisations to create and commission sponsored content, advertorials, podcasts, webinars, panel discussions and more.
Tes strives to create content that engages, excites, and inspires, and that all content should always interesting and inviting to the reader. This role brings that vision to life.
The successful candidate will be responsible for telling brand stories via contextual content across multiple digital channels and social media platforms. This will involve generating ideas and content themes, commissioning and editing freelance writers and producers, managing multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to bring an editorial skillset to a commercially minded area of the business.
- Create and commission engaging features, advertorials, videos and podcasts for an online audience.
- Edit, rewrite, subedit and proof copy for multiple digital channels.
- Work with external Tes clients and internal stakeholders.
- Generate engaging content ideas based on client briefs.
- Attend brainstorm meeting, idea workshops and put forward ideas suggested and explain reasoning behind ideas.
- Build and maintain an influencer network of education specialists that can be commissioned as contributors.
- Manage all freelance workflows and deadlines.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity, industry developments and bring fresh ideas and thinking to the business.
- Work with our video team to run photo and video shoots.
Education & Experience:
- 5 years’ experience working as a digital editor or similar
- A good understanding of the UK education system
- Must be able to perform well under pressure, manage workload, deadlines and work quickly and accurately.
- Experience of creating/commissioning high-quality audio and video (editing skills in these would be a plus)
- Good commercial acumen
- Good team player and stakeholder manager
- Must be an exceptional communicator and can “sell” clients on ideas.
- Experience of photo and video shoots would be an advantage
- Contacts/journalists within education to would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of all social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Trello & CMS platforms.
What we offer?
- Flexible hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 with opportunity to buy extra holiday
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Prestigious office with free soft and hot drinks and breakfast cereals and free fruit delivered weekly
- Access to a range of fantastic discounts and benefits via My Benefits World
- Free Bupa Health cover, Life Assurance & Income Protection cover
- Discounted Dental Insurance
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
- Various other benefits to suit your lifestyle and wellbeing
Who are Tes?
Tes Global is a global digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, we have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe.
We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers. The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.
Tes Group are an equal opportunities employer