We are looking for an energized, rapport building Infrastructure Architect who will be responsible for developing and maintaining standards, blueprints and reference architecture across News Corp's global technology landscape. This role requires experience and knowledge in Cloud, Compute, Storage, End User Computing and running large scale global enterprise systems.
- Develop and maintain a single view of standards and best practices across News Corp
- Develop and maintain Technology reference architecture documentation and cost guidelines
- Partner with other technology teams to improve technology asset utilization across News Corp
- Provide cross-tower support and expertise to projects impacted by architecture
- Support effective tool, platforms, security selections for the organization
- Partner with senior stakeholders to help develop and define strategy roadmaps
- Partner with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure standards are understood and implemented correctly
- Partner with Security to ensure solutions are secure and compliant
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Educated to bachelor degree level in computer science/Information technology or equivalent experience managing large Enterprise IT teams including disciplines technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management, cloud or operations
- 8+ years experience managing cloud-based or hybrid infrastructures at scale
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends
- Understanding of agile methods and processes.
- Experience and knowledge of software engineering security best practices, including but not limited to end-point protection and cloud security
- Specific knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services required, additional knowledge of other cloud providers preferred
Desired interpersonal skills:
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience in modeling and visual representations
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities
- The role is global in nature and may, therefore, require global travel to our offices in geographies outside that in which the successful candidate resides.
- The candidate will need to work with individuals and businesses in all corners of the world, and as such may need to participate in activities outside of normal working hours in order to ensure maximum global participation.
About News Corp
News Corp is a global diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers and businesses throughout the world. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia and pay-TV distribution in Australia.
NewsTech, the shared technology services division of News Corp, provides technology services, support, and solutions across Dow Jones, HarperCollins, NewsUK, News Australia, The New York Post, and realtor.com. This model aims to optimize IT services globally through the integration of operations and expansion of expertise. NewsTech allows each company it services to focus on what they do best, while receiving a higher level of technology services.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NCT - Architecture
Job Category: IT Administration/Support Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27873