Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
A versatile professional with a knack for data analysis and interests across industries and geographies, the senior editor will contribute to fDi’s editorial agenda from day one. They will produce accurate and timely copy on the latest developments in the world of global investment, contribute with fresh ideas and proposals to the development of our multimedia content, grow and nurture her contact book with investors, industry leaders and government authorities across different geographies, and represent the title at business events.
- Writing and editing quality, timely, often data-driven copy on global investment and FDI;
- commissioning pieces to our network of contributors and columnists;
- securing and running interviews with high-profile members of the public sector and private sector alike;
- contributing to the development of new multimedia editorial ideas (video or audio);
- nurturing and growing a network of contacts with leaders in the private and public sectors, also digitally mostly through LinkedIn and Twitter;
- representing the title at public events and speaking engagements.
Required Skills / Experience
- Five years of experience in reporting and editing on business topics in major, international media;
- good understanding of global investment and trade, as well as economic development;
- versatility and capacity to cover multiple geographies and industries at the same time;
- good social and networking skills;
- at least one foreign language.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.