Be at the heart of one of the most dynamic retail sectors, as it tackles the transition to Net Zero while supporting its forecourt and convenience customers towards a new era of motor transport technology.
Forecourt Trader is the leading brand for the UK fuel retailing community, a focal point for service station owners and operators, major oil companies, as well as shop and equipment suppliers.
You will be a driving force in keeping the industry informed and engaged with ongoing developments across a range of media, including print, digital, e-newsletters, social media and industry events, including the sector’s most prestigious awards campaign.
Forecourt Trader provides a focused editorial, including the latest news and opinions, advice and guidance, interviews with the sector’s biggest stars, and behind-the-scenes insight into some of the UK’s best fuel-retailing operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to report on an inspirational and entrepreneurial community that has been driven by intense competition to put itself at the leading edge of convenience retailing, while building ever-more sophisticated and multifarious service station facilities. It now faces the challenge of adapting to a new era of motoring with the advent of electric vehicles.
We are looking for an experienced multi-media journalist to spearhead this project as Editor of Forecourt Trader. With comprehensive experience of B2B journalism (and experience as a digital editor), the successful candidate will have a flair for online writing and video/audio production, as well as an excellent grasp of SEO, analytics and content management systems. Social media savvy, they’ll also have experience of building and nurturing communities on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Cover the latest developments in the fuel retailing sector , across fuel and store.
- Commissioning and writing digital and print content to help retailers reach their full potential.
- Delivering compelling multimedia content – including broadcast quality video off the back of industry events and one-on-one interviews.
- Building and maintaining excellent industry contacts – with both retailers and the supplier base serving the sector.
- Managing and developing communities on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Producing and publishing newsletters for the forecourt sector.
- Attending relevant trade events and conferences to build a strong portfolio of editorial contacts and raise profile of the brand.
- Contributing to special supplements and online events for the forecourt sector.
- Conducting joint business visits with sales team where appropriate to demonstrate brand unity and clearly define editorial standards.
- Collaborating with events, marketing and sales teams on any other projects of potential benefit to the brand within a framework of editorial integrity.
- Working with the digital development director and digital marketing team to develop the brand offer, analysing audience data and adjusting content to meet the evolving need to the sector.
- Work with the Editor at Large to develop the Forecourt Trader brand offer
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Trained business multimedia journalist and editor
- B2B journalistic experience, including editing a digital brand
- Experience covering the retail sector
- Experience of writing breaking news and features
- Experience producing multimedia content such as video, podcasts, infographics and image galleries.
- Vibrant networking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Social media savvy
- Understanding of SEO, analytics and content management systems
- Highly collaborative
- Imaginative and strong sense of initiative
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Full driving licence and interest in motoring
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
You will be required 2 days a week in our head office which is based near Crawley, 30 minutes from Brighton and 10 mins from Gatwick and its connections to Victoria, London Bridge, and the world.
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees.
Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.