AML Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Dow Jones is looking for a Transaction Monitoring Analyst to join our Risk & Compliance (R&C) Managed Services team leveraging our market-leading research expertise and methodologies, to assist organisations with data-related projects, providing value-added services to deliver projects on time and within budget. You will report to the Manager, Screening, R&C Managed Services.
This role requires individuals to work at the Dow Jones' client's onsite premise.
- Review and investigate all transaction alerts generated by the transaction monitoring system to identify any money laundering or financial crime cautionary flags
- Prepare and escalate suspicious transaction reports (STRs)
- Profiling of customers highlighted through the transaction monitoring alert process
- Consolidate multiple data sets from different sources and analyse the data accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure accurate, complete and up-to-date internal documentation to provide evidence of decisions and reasoning based on the facts and the potential ML/FT risk identified.
- Communicate with relevant business line and other functional units
- Perform testing of new or enhanced system and product functionality
- Support training of future members of staff
- Contribute to both team and product-initiated projects
- Excellent English writing skills
- Fluency in English AND in at least one of the following: Chinese or Arabic
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with strict tight deadlines
- Strong research and analytical skills
- An openness to different views and opinions and an appreciation for team diversity
- Previous experience in AML Transaction Monitoring in a banking environment
- Previous experience with Factiva, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance (or similar products)
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28696