CORQ (https://corq.studio/) is the only influencer intelligence company, combining data and journalistic research to supply brands, agencies and media companies with crucial analysis of this high-growth, lucrative industry and the creators driving its economy. Through our unique combination of technology and editorial, we also support our subscribers with influencer discovery, digital trend forecasting, case studies, news and comment on the influencer space.
We are seeking two staff writer and researchers to join our editorial team at CORQ. Reporting into the Editor-in-Chief, you will be focused on influencer research and profile writing, using your journalistic skills to succinctly describe who influencers are as people from an unbiased perspective. You will also have the opportunity to write weekly comment for our news and trends platform and develop your ability to write features and forecast trends, supported by our features director. Although this is an entry level role, people who join CORQ in this position typically see a salary increase after six months with the company. This position is perfect for someone who is obsessed with digital and influencer culture, the future of social media and how creators are shaping the digital landscape.
- Researching and writing about influencers for our main influencer platform, using your journalistic skills to help our subscribers understand each individual’s dynamism while also spotlighting past controversies.
- News gathering for our daily influencer news blast which goes to all CORQ subscribers.
- Talent research. Finding new influencers who our subscribers would find compelling and would be perfect for their upcoming campaigns.
- Supporting the editor and staff writers with trend and market research.
- Writing timely comment features based on what is happening in the influencer space and digital culture.
- Past work experience in a news room or with a fast-paced digital publisher.
- Journalism qualification or training would be helpful but not strictly necessary if you have work experience.
- A journalistic interest in influencers, digital culture and technology.
- Friendly personality.
- Exceptional communication skills in person, on Zoom and on email.
- Well organised and self-disciplined with ability to prioritise under pressure.
- Co-working space membership is provided with part time remote working an option.
- One personal day per month.
- 25 days holiday per year.
How to apply:
Please submit the below with your application.
- Your updated CV.
- A cover letter telling us about you and what excites you about the role
- Available start date.