Are you a well-connected journalist/public relations professional who wants to use their experience in the media to develop their career in digital PR?
We’re a growing editorial + PR agency made up of the best of the best in the industry looking for the next piece of the puzzle to join our talented team.
You will be leading the new current affairs and consumer finance section of the business, using your understanding of the news and your wealth of contacts to create content that works for journalists on behalf of our clients.
Your sixth sense will be spotting a good story in everything you find and your skill will lie in simplifying data and high-brow technical commentary to create quality, newsworthy releases for the UK’s biggest news sites.
We are looking for someone with bags of energy, plenty of creative ideas and who thinks they have the Midas touch to take the next step in their career and be a big part of Press Box PR’s fun, hard-working team.
Who are Press Box PR
Press Box PR is a growing agency made up of ex-journalists and PR professionals combining their experience to generate online media coverage for a range of clients in the sports, consumer and professional industries.
The Press Box team takes pride in media relations and we work hand in hand with journalists at publications around the world, generating stories, creative campaigns and ideas based on a thorough understanding of what makes online media tick.
Press Box PR is an agency with the buzz of a busy newsroom. It’s a place where you get out what you put in, with regular social events and a commitment to ensuring staff all benefit in career terms and financially from the growth they drive.
About the role
Press Box PR are looking for someone with journalism and/or public relations experience spanning digital current affairs, consumer finance, business and trading.
Your primary objective will be to create stories that media publications love, based on your knowledge of what works best for them as a publisher, plugging brands we work with into the news agenda in exchange.
You’ll have a blank canvas to carry out your own research, crunching numbers and data to come up with fresh angles on the biggest trending topics. You’ll also regularly work with industry experts and commentators, making use of a range of PR tactics in order to secure best-in-class online coverage.
You will also be encouraged to nurture media relationships, getting to know key journalists and editors in order to maximise the value you add to their newsgathering process.
You will be responsible for leading Press Box PR’s growth in this area, designing and implementing projects for new and existing clients based on a solid foundation of consistent digital media coverage delivered thanks to your publishing expertise.
Aside from this, you will be given training and support to learn the non-editorial side of the job at your own pace, safe in the knowledge that through your understanding of media, creativity and contacts book, you’re already an expert in the most important aspect of the job, which ensures client satisfaction.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a journalist/editor or in a relevant public relations role
- A network of relevant journalist & editor contacts - and an ability to grow more
- The ability to generate online media coverage on behalf of brands, products and spokespeople
- A thorough understanding of digital media coverage of finance, consumer finance, news, trading and business
- The ability to write and distribute expert commentary to generate coverage
- Strong writing skills
- Strong data analysis & data sourcing skills
- An understanding of how PR works to complement journalists and the news/content gathering process
- A desire to use editorial/journalism skills to make a move into public relations
- Strong problem solving and strategic skills
- Experience in managing stakeholders and clients
- Experience as an editor/managing a team
- Experience working with commercial departments and brands
- Experience with tools such as Google Trends, Meltwater, Buzzsumo, Gorkana, CrowdTangle & Buzzstream
- Commercial/sales experience
- Experience in pitching, commercial copywriting and design of presentations and other reporting/sales materials
- Basic understanding of SEO, public relations and content marketing strategies
Salary, benefits & perks
- £35,000-£45,000 DOE
- Company pension
- Competitive annual bonus
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company Macbook, phone and tech allowance
- Regular social & training events
- Opportunity to work on a flexible basis from our new, thriving London office in Hatton Garden with colleagues and clients
To apply please introduce yourself along with a summary of any relevant experience, successes and topline coverage idea based on a trending business topic.
Press Box PR encourages applications from a diverse range of backgrounds, does not require applicants to have a University education and will support applicants from outside of London to cover costs associated with interviews.