Title: Homepage producer, Evening Standard
This role sits within our audience team who cover all aspects of content promotion including social, SEO, the website, and liaising with our media partners. The team play a crucial role in steering commissioning around the newsroom by spotting latest trends and upcoming stories, as well as optimising existing content to ensure we are presenting it in the best way for each of our platforms. The homepage producer attends daily morning meetings with the audience team during which we discuss priorities, trends and commission content.
The homepage producer is responsible for keeping the front page and main section pages of standard.co.uk up to date and looking as engaging and attractive as possible. Stories, headlines and images must be carefully selected, and a mix of content from across our desks presented to maximise traffic and engagement. This role is also responsible for curating our top content for our partners such as Google, as well as helping out with uploading content to the CMS.
We are looking for a proactive individual with an excellent knowledge and understanding of current affairs. You must be able to identify important stories and be confident in writing engaging sells on a variety of subjects. You must work well independently to ensure the homepage - our shop front - looks its best at all times, as well as be able to work within the broader audience team to steer our output. We are looking for individuals with a passion for current affairs and a creative energy that will make our content stand out from other publishers.
- Curate the homepage throughout the day to maximise traffic and reflect ES values and priorities
- Select images and optimise headlines to maximise engagement
- React to breaking news and ensure the homepage is constantly up to date
- Curate the best of our content for media partners such as Google Showcase
- Contribute ideas to the audience team on trending content
- Help desks with uploading content to the CMS
- There is also opportunity to write and create original content
Skills and experience:
- Experience working in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs
- Confidence to work independently
- Ability to write engaging headlines and sells
- Ability to identify trends that would make for good potential stories
- Understand the ES brand, tone and audience
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: You will be based at our Head office in Kensington, London,
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including free on-site gym, great pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers